Saturday, September 12, 2009

I love stake conference!

For the past two years I have struggled to get through stake conference on Sunday. Having 4 children with in 6 years of each other is what most people call a party. Well, my party doesn't enjoy sitting for 2 whole hours.

But as for the adult session I have attended this meeting solo once again. I am so grateful that I get to go and partake of a heavy dose of the spirit during this session of stake conference. Otherwise I would be on empty for more time than is humanly possible.

We heard speakers talk about raising our family to love the Lord, attending church services with children, ha, ha, and we received an invitation to come unto the Lord! As I receive this invitation my eyes are full! In my everyday life I unfortunately start to forget that my Heavenly Father knows me and loves me. What a silly thing to forget. Reminders lye around me all of the time I just need to have the right perspective as I look at the world. But sometimes I feel so alone.

3 comments:

Barbie said...

You are most definitely not alone. I often have to remember that others have felt the same way. I once had 3 little kids in 3 1/2 years and never thought I would be spiritually uplifted again. I promise you will. I am so proud of you for the great things you are accomplishing. Keep going and remember that your friends are here along with the Lord. Love ya tons!!!!!

Blake & Melissa said...

Sounds like an awesome meeting and something that I could have used in my life right now! It is sooo hard to feel the spirit when one kid is poking the other, one is screaming, and the other wants you to draw a picture of a dog. All the while, your spouse is sitting all the way down the pew intently listening (at least my spouse manages to do this lol). But, I just need that small burning to know that Heavenly Father loves me and knows of my needs. I miss you guys!

Suz said...

I think everyone on the planet can empathize with "alone". But since I don't speak for anyone but myself, I admit I've walked in those shoes... the best advice I've ever recieved while on alone street was "Becky, forget yourself and go to work". It came ever so still and small... but it made me move emotional mountains... And surely with a conviction stronger today than ever, I know Heavenly Father never leaves us alone... Keep your chin up.

spring